Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Thousand Trails, K/M Resorts, and RV Park Reviews

Yesterday I received a number of posts from a representative of K/M Resorts and other "anonymous" posters about an entry I had made a few years ago.  The posts I received yesterday addressed comments made from visitors to my blog about experiences with K/M Resorts as well as Thousand Trails resorts.

I'm not complaining as obviously people found their way to my blog and that is good.  (This blog is not a money earning venture - LOL - I think I have made about $25 total from two blogs since 2008.) What puzzles me is why they choose to respond to posts that are more than two years old.  They were not responding to me but to other people who had left comments.  It just struck me as odd.  Or were they just not paying attention to the dates.  Who knows, but I approved the posts because I like to share not only my own opinions, but those of others as well.  I just ask that the posts be kind and respectful.

Today I renewed our zone membership with Thousand Trails.  When we bought the TT Zone Pass last year, we took advantage of the "buy one zone, get one zone free" special.  When I called about renewing, I wanted to make sure I was getting the same deal.  I'm happy to say that I was.  We've looked at upgrading to a different plan.  I'm looking for those memberships that offer 2-3 weeks per park with no time out.  I'm not interested in the free rental cabins or free memberships with ROD or RPI.  We've been exploring buying a "used" membership.  If you are reading this and have any experience with it, I'd love to hear from you.  For this year anyway, our plans are to explore as many of the TT parks in Washington, Oregon, and California as we can.  If we enjoy those experiences, then maybe next year we will upgrade.  Time will tell.

For those K/M Resort fans, I'm thrilled for you if you like their parks.  I was not impressed, and there were not enough parks for the money I was paying.  That was the basis for my decision.  Nothing against K/M at all.  I just prefer the options that TT offered at this point.

Here's a question for you - When did RV Park Reviews change the look of their website?  I find it much more difficult to navigate now.  I'll get used to it, but sometimes I wonder if businesses shouldn't just hired "normal people" consultants to see what they like.  What seems like an improvement to a programmer may be just plain confusing for the normal Joe/Joanne.

And that's my two bits for the day.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment