Friday, April 4, 2014

Goodyear, AZ - How Time Flies

I'm not quite sure how it got to be Friday already.  But I've looked at my computer, my iPhone, and the paper calendar on the wall, and they all assure me that it is indeed Friday.  I may need to turn on the TV and check with Facebook to be sure, but it looks like I just lost about 3 days.

Well, technically, I didn't loose them.  Kim and I have been doing "stuff" that is hardly interesting to anyone but those involved.

I first want to take the time to say again how much I love, love, love the River Breeze RV Resort in Ehrenburg, AZ.  It is one of those jewel of a park things.  I reviewed in on rvparkreviews and was really hesitant to do so as I wanted to keep it all to myself.  I have been looking for "the" park for us to winter in, and this is definitely one that will be on the top of my list.  We are still a few years from making a long term commitment to being away from the grandkids for a whole season, and I have other places to investigate.  Now granted we were only there for two days, and as I understand it, many of the snowbirds had already left to head north again, but the park was quiet and green and peaceful.  There were a few boats on the river, and I could see how in the summer the noise from all the partying may be bothersome, but it wasn't a problem while we were there.  While the weather was summer perfect for those of us from the PNW, I'm sure the longtime Arizona folk considered it at least sweater weather, if not coats and uggs weather.  We were in shorts and enjoying the sunshine.  While I didn't use any of the facilities at the park, they did have a pool and hot tub (which they keep covered when not in use - conserving the heat and keeping it clean).  The laundry had 6 washers ($1.25) and 6 dryers ($1.00).  There was a Rec Room with a pool table, a ping-pong table, and folding tables for cards or jigsaw puzzles, along with a kitchen for potlucks and parties.  Everything was clean and well maintained.  I just loved the energy here. The nearest shopping is in Blythe, CA, across the border.  I'm already looking at when we can return later in the year.

The 2.5 hour drive to Goodyear (just west of Phoenix) was uneventful.  Not my favorite stretch of highway, but then I'm not the one doing the driving.  I'm just the one looking out the window.  I think Kim appreciates the cruise control factor more than I do.  We stopped at the Bouse Wash Rest Area for a pit stop and lunch break.

I believe there is such a thing as too many options.  Between the new GPS, Google Maps, a regular map and instructions on a website, we had 4 different ways to get to Destiny Phoenix RV Park.  Because we knew there was construction on I-10 here, new on and off ramps, and revision of other on and off ramps, we elected to follow the website directions instead of the others.  Glad we did.  The others would have had us pulling the rig all over the area.  We came off the Citrus Avenue off ramp, turned right and drove about ½ mile, and voila!

A nice park, as far as I can tell.  We haven't spent much time here - although it has been 3 days apparently.  Kim's mother and brothers live here, so we have been visiting with them.  We had breakfast with a high-school classmate of mine that I had not seen in at least 35 years.  I hope she doesn't mind my sharing our picture.



Today we are back over at my mother-in-laws for a bit, and then off to do some shopping.  I will say one thing for Goodyear, Avondale, Litchfield Park and all the surrounding areas east of Phoenix, there is no want for shopping opportunities, that's for sure!  Tomorrow, we are meeting up with some other friends for breakfast.  Sunday, more relatives arrive.  Who knows from there.  And then we leave for Verde Valley on Tuesday!

As I said, not much of interest to report this week.  Here are a few pictures of our site at Destiny Phoenix RV Resort.  With any luck, I may convince Kim to go up to Estrella County Park to check things out.  I'm not holding my breath though.  I'm trying to remember that this week is about seeing friends and his family, and not just about what Betsy wants to do.  I have 51 weeks a year for that.... wink-wink-wink.  In my dreams......




And this is an empty spot next to us.  Love having the orange trees around us!



More resort pictures to follow in the next few days....unless time continues to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment