Monday, January 25, 2010

Yuma and Specialty Diets

We arrived in Yuma last Wednesday, the day before all the heavy rains and tornado watches.  They say this kind of weather happens only once every 20 years or so.  Good thing, because I really like the area, but the ground around our 5th wheel was covered with 3 inches of water for the better part of 2 days and that was not so good.  Yuma has green!  The Colorado River makes the area very good for agriculture, and we've seen fields of all kinds of produce - all kinds of lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, etc.  The skies are brilliant blue and the sun is warm most days.  I could see spending winters here very easily.  Yuma is large enough to have decent shopping, but small enough to make it feel home-town.

As I've mentioned before, Kim and I try to maintain a wheat free, dairy free, soy free diet, and finding the foods we eat can often be a challenge.  I'm happy to report that we found Sunshine Herbs N' More on Fortuna Avenue.  They stock the rice bread we use, the rice cheese I like, the coconut milk yogurt too.  If they get deliveries from those companies, I'm sure they can then order the other things I like (especially the coconut milk products from the Soy-Delicious Company).

Happy Travelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment