Thursday, June 26, 2014

Quilting

I don't, but apparently a number of RVers (women, anyway) do.  This is based on the number of RV blog posts I read about people stopping by quilting shops for fabrics, supplies and ideas.  You know how it is when you really having no awareness of something until it keeps coming up, and then you start noticing it everywhere?  Well, that is the whole quilting business for me.

I see quilting shops everywhere now.  I pin stuff about quilting on my Pinterest page.  I've never made a quilt, but I've started collecting pattern ideas.  I guess my biggest question is where the heck do you keep all the supplies, not to mention a sewing machine, in your rig?  Must you kick everyone out to have space to work?  Or is that what all those big rooms are for in the clubhouses at larger RV parks? How many quilts can you carry around with you?  Do you really need a quilt if you are heading south for the winter?

Oh Good Lord!  I've been working on writing a novel for quite some time now.  Do I really need another hobby to add to my procrastination list?  I think not.  But if you have a super easy, beginner's quilt idea/pattern, do let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I used to quilt, but I left my sewing machine in storage. I think it would be really hard to do in an RV. You need space to cut out the pieces, as you piece the top together it will get larger. Then there is the ironing board that you need to press as you go. I brought a counted cross stitch project with me, but I've never worked on it. The 55+ place we stay in the winter has an enormous sewing room with machines, tables, all of it. There are many quilting ladies there.

    ReplyDelete