Friday, March 28, 2014

Thousand Trails Wilderness Lake Park in Menifee, CA

Such a long day on Wednesday!  We left Champagne Lakes in Escondido about 11:15 am.  By 12:15 pm, we were backed into Space #560 here at Wilderness Lakes, hooked up to electric, slides out, furnitures arranged, dishes unpacked, when we realized we were hungry.




We scored on finding this site, as I think it was the last site that backed onto an open field where I have a view south to some hills and a pasture of horses.  We haven't walked the park yet so I don't know what other options there might have been, but I'm thrilled about where we are!



Okay, I have to admit, one of the first things I decided I liked about this park was it's proximity to services.  Within 10 minutes, we were able to find a Super Target, Kohls, Lowes, Michaels, and every kind of restaurant you could imagine.  We opted for Panera Bread as I had never eaten at one, and everyone I know who has, loves them.  I've been missing my normal amount of veggies that I enjoy at home where my kitchen is big enough to have 2-3 servings with dinner plus salad.  Therefore, my choice was a shrimp salad with mixed greens, gorgonzola, almonds, and garlic infused chickpeas and butter beans, plus a cup of pesto and veggies soup.   Yum!



Kim opted for an oriental chicken salad and half of a turkey bacon sandwich, with a smoothie.



The rest of Wednesday was spent finishing getting set up, getting the water hooked up and the sewer connected.  For whatever reason, our DirecTV dish has been giving us a challenge.  It seems to take a few hours to get the adjustments right.  I say it is operator error; Kim insists it is the dish itself.  Either way, it finally locked on the signal and I was able to watch most of Survivor.  I was a happy camper, although (spoiler alert) I missed what happened when one person quit.

Tomorrow may be a lazy day.  I always say that and then we end up going off to do something, so we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment